National Truth and Reconciliation Day is important for Classic LifeCare and all Canadians. Today is an opportunity to show your interest, respect and pursuit of learning regarding indigenous people and the impacts of Residential schools.
We feel inspired, and we hope you do too, to take action and educate yourself about Residential schools and Indigenous cultures.
Resources to read on National Truth and Reconciliation Day:
- Here’s the call to action from the T&R commission: https://ehprnh2mwo3.exactdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Calls_to_Action_English2.pdf
- Here’s a resource where people can find indigenous owned businesses to support in their communities: https://shopfirstnations.com/locations/
- Here is the residential school survivors society: https://www.irsss.ca/home
You can also:
- Read fiction and non-fiction by indigenous authors. Indigo has a section for this, and many other bookstores do too;
- Watch films made by indigenous film makers; and
- Attend events in your community that are lead by indigenous elders and groups.