We are still in the midst of flu season and we ask for you to continue to help prevent its spread.
You can take an active role in protecting yourself, your family, and the clients you care for. Combined with the flu vaccine, regular hand washing is the best way to protect yourself.
Ways to minimize your risk of spreading and catching the flu virus:
- WASH YOUR HANDS. Wash before and after eating, after using the bathroom, after coughing or sneezing or touching possible contaminated surfaces. 80% of infections are carried on the hands! When water and soap are not available, use an alcohol based hand sanitizer.
- Get vaccinated every year.
- If you choose not to be vaccinated, you must wear a mask. Masks can be used for several days and changed when damp.
- Maintain a balanced, healthy diet with plenty of fluids, vitamins and minerals.
- Get plenty of rest/sleep.
- Sneeze or cough into the corner of your elbow.
- If you are sick and cannot work, call the office and give as much notice as possible so we can ensure your clients have care.
Thank you for doing your part to stop the spread of the flu.