ADVANCE CARE PLANNING
Presenter: Dawn Dompierre, Advance Care Planning Nurse, RN, Seniors Integrated Health Team, Seniors Health
When a capable adult thinks and talks about their wishes for future health care with close family and their health care providers, they are doing advance care planning. Advance Care Planning allows people to have a say in the health care they will receive if they are too sick to speak for themselves.
Topics covered in this session are:
- What is Advance Care Planning?
- What are the changes in the Ministry of Health legislation as of September 2011 in regards to Advance Care Planning?
- Where do living wills fit in terms of the new legislation?
- What are Representation Agreements, Advance Directives, and Temporary Substitute Decision Makers?
- What is involved in creating an Advance Care Plan?
- What does giving consent to health care mean?
By discussing and documenting your wishes with your loved ones, health care team and family physician, they will be better able to act on your behalf.
All sessions are free. Registration Required.
To Register call 250-370-5641 Press 2
OR email: WellnessCentreRegistration@viha.ca